We are delighted to announce the arrival of a new researcher at the CERVO Brain Research Centre, Professor Simon Coulombe, who is joining the Clinical and Cognitive Neurosciences Axis. His passion for research and his expertise will certainly enrich our centre. Professor Coulombe holds the Relief Research Chair in Mental Health, Self-Management and Work.
Simon Coulombe, PhD, is an associate professor in the Department of Industrial Relations in the Faculty of Social Sciences at Université Laval. He is also a researcher at VITAM - Centre de recherche en santé durable. Prof. Coulombe holds a doctorate in community psychology from the Université du Québec à Montréal and is a Junior 2 grant holder of the Fonds de recherche du Québec - Santé.
His research interests include
- Health, well-being and quality of life at work
- Peer support at work
- Vulnerability in the workplace
- Mental health and substance abuse among young people
- Intervention in a context of cultural diversity
- Physical accommodation
- Social disaffiliation and marginalisation (homelessness, drug addiction, sex work, etc.)
- Impacts COVID-19