Faculty of Medicine, Department of Cellular & Molecular Medicine
The Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Neuroscience program
The University of Ottawa Brain and Mind Research Institute
My research focuses on solving fundamental problems with state-of-the-art approaches and a strong translational perspective, and includes a combination of anatomical, physiological, biochemical and genetic approaches.
- Development, structure and plasticity of neurovascular networks: physiological and pathological remodeling of the neurovascular unit.
- Cerebrovascular physiology: permeability of brain blood vessels; hemodynamics.
- Neurological disorders: stroke; vascular dementia; autism.
- Neuroanatomy and imaging: histology for light, confocal and electron microscopy.
- Mouse genetics: use of reporter lines and of constitutive/conditional mutations.
- Neuropharmacology & behavior in mice: acute/chronic treatments, assessment of cognitive function.
- Molecular biology: in vivo and in vitro analysis of signalling pathways involved in angiogenesis, neuroinflammation, and vascular remodeling.